Wes Wade: USA Only
Wesley has a background in business, higher education, mental health, and substance use work. While working as a career coach at a land grant university in the U.S., Wesley co-created and led a career-focused program for autistic students, led 3 statewide career summits for autistic students, and served on planning committees for state-government programs offering paid internships for autistic college students. Wesley is a trained coach, a licensed clinical mental health counselor, a licensed clinical addictions specialist, and a Ph.D. candidate at NC State University in Educational Leadership, Policy, and Human Development with a concentration in Counseling and Counselor Education.
- PhD. Candidate, ELPHD, Counseling & Counselor Education
- MA., Career Counseling
- MA., Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Licensed clinical mental health counsellor (LCMHC)
- Licensed clinical addictions specialist (LCAS)
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Member: American Counseling Association
- Member: National Career Development Association
- Number of years working as a coach: 6
- Specific industry experience: most of my experience has been in higher education working with college students (bachelor’s level through PhD) in addition to providing training for faculty and staff. In addition, I have worked with a range of adult professionals in the private sector ranging from early careers (1 to 4 years) all organizational executives.
- I am a proud ADHDer and (likely) dyslexic who was diagnosed in adulthood. I am also a staunch and firm advocate for centring intersectionality in neurodiversity work and research!