- What does the Neurodiversity Awareness Training Cover?
- How do you recognise Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Condition at work?
- How do mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression affect thinking and communication?
- What are the cognitive impacts of neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Lyme Disease and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- What causes ‘neurodiversity’?
- Workplace implications – strengths, struggles
- Strategies for all workplaces – what you can put in place to improve performance and reduce conflict
- Will I get any information to prepare?
We will send out the main handouts for the course 1 week beforehand for those who like to read up in advance.
There is no obligation to do this as all information will be covered on the day.
The workshop will be interactive with small group exercises, Q+A, and some presentation. Handouts are provided.
- What will I get from the course?
By the end of the course participants should gain a thorough overview of the neurodiverse profile and the implications of this for workplace performance. You’ll also gain some practical ideas for making sure the work environment suits a diverse range of employees, and how to organise tasks so that people can work at their best.
Greater awareness and knowing more about what causes typical issues such as time management problems or memory difficulties can make a huge difference. It is often possible to pre-empt difficulties and prevent the need for further disability accommodations.
- Who should come?
This course is aimed at providing a general overview and basic awareness. Anyone in the team can come, including neurodiverse employees and particularly their supervisors.
Having a whole team on board can provide great follow on support for the individual, though we cannot stress enough that the course will not be aimed at them specifically, rather a broad, yet practical understanding.
Managers and Human Resourses staff would benefit enormously.
- How does it work?
A mix of presentation, group discussion, small group exercises and case studies. No ‘death by powerpoint’ and lots of interaction! Bring any questions you have and case studies are welcome.
- Who delivers the course?
Our trainers are all Professional Workplace Coaches or Psychologists who specialise in working with neurodiversity.
The team have years of experience assessing, coaching and training in the workplace and managing the performance issues which can arise.
We are also experts in helping companies and individuals to adapt so the specialist abilities and talents of neurodiverse thinkers can flourish.
- For more information
Contact us for further details, costs and timescales. email@example.com or 802 291 3526